Are you looking to find a great way to spend your time and make a difference?
Apply to be a volunteer at The Good Companions! Our volunteers range from brand new to over 40 years of service.
If you would like a Volunteer Application sent to you by e-mail, please contact Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Volunteer Opportunities
- Volunteer Drivers
- Adult Day Program Volunteer (Thursdays)
- Grocery Program Volunteers
- Friendly Visitors
- Clergy Volunteers
- Volunteer Craft Instructors
- Repeat Performance (Store Associates)
- Woodshop Program Leads (Mondays & Thursdays)
- Dining Room Volunteers
What are the benefits of volunteering with The Good Companions?
Volunteers are able to lend their time and talents to help us offer the quality programs and services that we have become known for since 1955. In recognition of these contributions, we are able to offer complimentary parking passes and beverage coupons. We are also able to offer training and events, such as our annual Fall Conference Day and Volunteer Recognition Event.
- All potential volunteers must complete a Volunteer Application ( Volunteer Application | Student Placement Volunteer Application). Additionally, all applications must include:
- 3 References (personal and/or employment-related; maximum 1 family reference)
- a Criminal Records Check (as a minimum) or a Police Records Check (for Service with the Vulnerable Sector) if applicable to the position being applied for.
- For our organization, Criminal and/or Police Records Checks are only valid if they have been processed within the last 30 days. Only original copies will be accepted for verification. Photocopies are made and originals are returned immediately to all applicants. Please contact the Volunteer Services Coordinator to inquire about which check applies to you and how to obtain a Volunteer Letter to waive the processing fee. You can also visit the Ottawa Police Services website for more information. Please note that Records Checks may take a few weeks to obtain.
- Additional screening requirements may apply.
After the application has been reviewed and approved, potential volunteers will be contacted to set up and interview with the Volunteer Services Coordinator. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
How To Apply
- Email your application form to email@example.com.
- Drop off your application form at Front Reception during our hours of operation: Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Mail your application form to:
The Good Companions
c/o Volunteer Services
670 Albert Street
Ottawa, ON K1R 6L2