OTTAWA RACE WEEKEND FUNDRAISER
The Good Companions has entered a team in the 2019 Ottawa Race Weekend Scotiabank Charity Challenge 2KM Walk in partnership with the Ottawa Health Group!
Sponsored by: Reno4Seniors
GOOD COMPANIONS’ ‘OTTAWA RACE WEEKEND’ FUNDRAISER
The Good Companions has entered a team in the 2KM Walk in 2019 Ottawa Race Weekend Scotiabank Charity Challenge in partnership with the Ottawa Health Group!
WHO: Anyone who wants to join us for a 2KM Walk or Roll, to show your support for the Good Companions
WHEN: Saturday, May 25, 2019 – Meet up: 2:30 p.m., The Walk begins at 3:00 p.m., Wrap-up gathering: 4:00 p.m.
WHERE: Race will begin at City Hall (Laurier Ave. and Elgin St. Crossing) *Route could be updated due to the Elgin St. construction. The wrap-up party location will also be communicated at a later date. We normally meet at a local restaurant afterwards to celebrate our successes!
THE CAUSE: BUILDING A MORE ACCESSIBLE FRONT ENTRANCE AT THE GOOD COMPANIONS SENIORS’ CENTRE
This year The Good Companions is aiming to raise $25,000 so that we can renovate our Front Reception area to be more accessible for our members, volunteers, clients and guests! We will revamp the space to include a chair lift, make the space brighter and more welcoming with increased lighting, and include seating that allows all to be comfortable while also being practical – for ease of getting up and down.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED:
Our group already has participants from ages 2-92! This 2KM Walk is a fun, social, and energetic event for the whole family 🙂
Sign up through the Ottawa Race Weekend website, create a fundraising page and register to be a member of Team Good Companions! You can solicit donations through cash, cheque, and online through e-mails and social media. Ask your family and friends to support your race, and raise funds for The Good Companions – better yet, they can join Team Good Companions too!
Staff, members, volunteers, and supporters will all be WALKING and ROLLING together in the 2km race. We would love for you to join the group for visibility and socialization, but we also encourage anyone who is racing the 5km, 10km, full and half marathons to be part of the team as well!
2km Race Cost: $40 + registration fees.
If you have taken part in the Ottawa Race Weekend in past years, don’t forget to enter the RUNAGAIN10 coupon code! You will save $10 off of the registration fee!
For instructions on how to join Team Good Companions, please see below. Or attend our Kick-Off Event for on the spot registration assistance on: Tuesday, April 23rd from 12:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. at Centre, 670 Albert Street. The event also includes games, music, prizes and snacks!
Cheer us on:
If you are not up for walking the 2km, we also need folks to cheer us along! Bring your Pompoms and noise makers and join our Cheer Squad. The group will meet prior to the race and walk together to our chosen cheer spot. The energy you give helps the runners to complete their race 🙂
Register for our Cheer Squad by sending a message to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or calling 613-236-0428, Ext. 2221. Once registered, we will provide all the details regarding meet up time, location, etc.
Sponsor a member of the team:
If you are unable to walk or join the Cheer Squad, you can also sponsor someone who is part of Team Good Companions, or our general donation page! All the funds donated will go directly to the upgrade of The Good Companions Front Reception! Donations of $10 or more will receive a charitable donation receipt.
To make a secure online donation follow:
Promote through Social Media:
Like and follow us through social media, and share our posts!
Steps to Join Team Good Companions:
- Follow the website link here: http://www.runottawa.ca/
- You will need to create a login for the Run Ottawa site.
- Select the Race you want to participate in (2K, 5K, 10K, ½ Marathon, full Marathon)
- Complete the application details as per the Ottawa Race Weekend requirements.
- On the fourth tab “Scotia Charity Challenge” select: Create Personal Fundraising Web Page and choose: Good Companions as your Charity.
- Enter a Username and Password for your Artez Charity Page and copy down for future use.
- Lastly, read and agree to terms and conditions and submit your payment.
- Once you submit your payment, you will receive two emails (race confirmation AND a confirmation e-mail with credentials to your Charity Page login as well.)
- It’s now time to join Team Good Companions! To sign in to your charity page: follow this link: https://secure.e2rm.com/registrant/EventHome.aspx?eventid=245689&langpref=en-CA&Referrer=https%3a%2f%2fwww.google.com%2f, and use your previously created credentials to log in.
- Once you have logged in, on the left hand side of the charity page there will be a tool bar and you can select “My Team” the option “Join Team”. Where it asks “Team Name” type in: Team Good Companions. When we pop up, click “Join Team”
- You should now be registered under Team Good Companions, and will be ready to start spreading the word. You can solicit donations through e-mail, and can link in with Facebook.
If you are having difficulties joining, please contact: Nicole MacLean at email@example.com or 613-236-0428 ext. 2221
We hope you will join us for this year’s Ottawa Race Weekend Fundraiser! Don’t hesitate to call or e-mail if you have any questions.
firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-236-0428 ext. 2221
We would like to thank The Ottawa Health Group for supporting our Centre and Team Good Companions for the 4th year! Your dedication to bettering services for seniors is so appreciated!