What is Seniors’ Centre Without Walls?
The Seniors’ Centre Without Walls (SCWW) is as simple as just picking up your telephone!
Through the use of multi-person phone calls, SCWW provides the opportunity for participants to join in on health and wellness seminars, educational lectures, brain-stimulating activities, listen to live musical entertainment, join in on general conversations, and make new and meaningful friendships – all from the comforts of home! It works just the same as attending a class or a lecture at the centre, but instead it is facilitated over the telephone. Have a look at our SCWW Program Flyer for more information.
Seniors’ Centre Without Walls Basics:
- Completely free program.
- You do not need to be a member of The Good Companions.
- Programs are multi-person phone conversations (or conference calls).
- No special equipment needed – just your average phone!
- All you have to do is pick up your phone- we can call you in.
- Each phone session lasts between 30-60 minutes on the phone.
- Each phone session averages 6-10 people on the call.
- You are able to hear each other, talk to one another, learn, and/or just have fun!
Seniors’ Centre Without Walls is proud to partner with Centre de services Guigues to provide telephone programs in French, as well as Barry’s Bay and Area Senior Citizens Home Support to help grow the program in our rural communities.
Take a look at the SCWW Winter 2019 Program Guide to see all of the great programs we have to offer!
“[Rachel] told me how I would be part of a vibrant
group of people; how the variety of programs
would keep us informed…and sure enough, it
was my ticket out of a life unlived…” -Eleanor
For more information, please contact Rachel Sutcliffe, SCWW Coordinator, at 613-236-0428 ext. 2323 or by email at email@example.com